In an effort to be a good "net-citizen", I decided to configure my domains with DMARC record. It was great, because within 24hrs, I started to receive reports from Google/Gmail with DKIM and SPF related information for my domains. Now I needed to figure out how to actually process these XML reports into something useful and readable.
John Levine has provided some scripts for parsing the DMARC reports and pushing the information into a database. At that point, he leaves it as an exercise to the user to build a report on the database data.
I've made an attempt at a VERY basic web page report, which pulls from the parsed reports in the database.
You'll find that there is basic information about the time, domain, source and record ID at the top. Clicking on the report ID will take you to the section below corresponding to that report. I've also set the rows to be a different color depending on the success described.
I am NOT a developer, and have not done a security review on the PHP script. I am sure that there are potential risks with the way it is written. As such, I would recommend that this script not be exposed on the open web, but only via secure and controlled methods.
First, you will need to have successfully used John Levine's script to populate your database with information.
Next, download the PHP script "dmarcts-index.txt to folder on a web server. Obviously this script will need to also be able to access the database with the appropriate information, and be on a server which supports PHP.
Edit "dmarcts-index.txt" in your favorite editor, changing the values at the top of the page. You'll want to edit the section:
Now navigate to the directory/page on your webserver and you should have a report similar to the one shown above.
You can also find additional DMARC resources at http://dmarc.org/resources.html
Drupal theme by Kiwi Themes.